Now I will be brutally honest...I have no idea what the Liebster Award was. Google to the rescue!
I learnt the Liebster Award is a blogger award for up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. While I was
researching googling it I found two different meanings, favourite or the more common meaning - dearest.
Now onto the rules!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 people
- And come up with 11 questions for them to answer.
- I spent all my years at high school including GCSE and the first year of A-level studying the arts (Music, Dance, Drama & Art).
- I then actually changed my mind in the spring/summer of my first year of A-level and decided I wanted to be a nurse in dedication to my late grandmother.
- I have been given an offer to study Adult Nursing at the University of Liverpool this coming September (Okay enough about education, I get it!)
- I have never broken any bones in my whole life, my most serious injury is tearing ligaments in my knee while skiing.
- I am an extremely fussy eater when it comes to me, however I will cook anyone anything they desire.
- I am hoping to do a placement in my 2nd year in a hospital in Australia, as I have family in Queensland.
- I lost my longest and very best friend Olivia 2 years ago, I am now a patron of her charity and actually sang at her fun-eral (She didn't want it to be sad and morbid, so she had everyone dressed in bright colours, the charity's website)
- I was born on a really awkward date when it comes to star signs, I can be either a Capricorn or an Aquarius.
- I have two brothers, one older and one younger. My siblings and I are all born with roughly 3 and 1/4 years between each of us.
- I work in Monsoon Accessorize and although I help people choose outfits and put outfits together for people, I love nothing more than sitting in my pj's and not worrying about fashion!
- Last but not least - I cannot stand people being rude, especially to older generations. I think there's no excuse for it and it takes more of an effort to be rude than it does to smile and brighten someone's day.
Now because I was nominated by three different people, I am actually gonna answer all their questions and I will give the names different colours to make it easier!
Isobel = Red
Becky = Pink
HoneyBeige = Orange
Let's get started!
Who is your favourite Youtuber?
My favourite youtuber is actually not a beauty guru, I have currently got into a the 'follow me round' type of vlogs. My favourites are Jofus, Anna & Amelia (Leflooftv) and Nikki and Dan (The Phillippi's).
Who is your favourite blogger?
My favourite blogger at this minute would have to be a spilt between Anna Saccone and Rose, although I do loving finding the 'not well known blogs' (e.g. not the ones that everyone and their mother knows about) as different people are different opinions, I also love being able to 'follow' people's journey through blogging, in a non-creepy way!
What is your blog named after?
My blog was actually named after my youtube channel, kind of a same name-easier to find deal!
What inspired you to start your blog and when did you start blogging?
I actually was inspired by FleurDeForce and Anna Saccone (TheStyleDiet) and with me currently studying medicine, I don't really have much of a creative output. Throughout high school I had various extra-curriculum performance activities, as well as choir to keep that entertained! I also wanted to branch out and make friends with people all around the world.
I started blogging in February last year but I've actually made it a new years resolution this year, starting with my LUSH grand opening post and I'm gonna try and put up a new post every Thursday!
How long have you been blogging?
As above I've been doing it on and off since February last year but made it one of my resolutions to get back into and have been doing a new post every Thursday since the end of January.
What's your favourite beauty product?
My favourite beauty product at the moment is my Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation, it's actually got a shade that is the perfect colour for me and to give you an idea of just how pale I am......NC15 is about the right colour. This however is a much more purse friendly option and I'm actually on my third bottle, I generally change to a different foundation when I've finished with my current one.
What is/was your favourite subject at school and why?
Music, mainly because I had the greatest music teacher who I was lucky enough to keep from year 7 right through to year 13. She's actually a friend of mine now that I've left that school. Music has always been the one thing that cheers me up no matter what.
If you had £100 to spend on beauty, clothing or food which would you choose and why?
This is a tough one! I would probably spend it on food, not take-away meals but really good food. I'm a bit of an amateur cook and love creating meals from scratch without a recipe.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would love to have the chance to live in either London or Australia. London because I ALWAYS love it when I visit and Australia because I have family there and love it when they send me pictures!
What do you want to achieve by blogging?
All I want is to be able to talk to people all over the world and meet new people.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
My most embarrassing moment would have to be......I don't think I have one! I'll check back in six months and let you guys know!
What is your favourite quote?
All you need is courage and strength, with that you can take on anything!
What is your best beauty buy for under a £5?
Superdrug Hot Cloth cleanser, I use it like a face wash after I take off my make-up. That being said I've only used it twice but both times it has left my skin super smooth, it's currently on offer for £2.99 (it's normally priced £5.99)
Who is your favourite musician?
At the moment I'm quite liking Katy Perry and her songs like Part of Me and Thinking of You.
What's the worst film you've seen? And the best one?
The best film I like at the moment is Undercover, I just really like the story line.
What's your favourite meal?
Chicken roast dinner or homemade chicken soap
What do you want to do/achieve before you die?
This mainly just involves the charity, I want to be able to help more people through the charity. Get more awareness raised about the charity and what we're doing.
If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have 1 item, what would it be?
If I could only take one item that would have to be my dog (I don't know if that's cheating, but oh well!). He is just the biggest bundle of joy and always greets me with a tail wagging or will come and snuggle up to me anytime, I couldn't live without him!
Do you know/have any makeup dupes?
Erm not off the top of my head, but I may do a later post if I find some. If I do, I shall link it here!
Girl name and boy name for your future children?
Rae or Amelia for a girl and Elias for a boy.
What's your favourite movie?
I love the Notebook, it's a film I never really thought to watch and then after watching the Vow, I watched it and saw how everyone loved it!
What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read?
I am not currently reading a fiction book (I won't list off my academic books I'm reading for my course), but I'm hoping to get Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.
Is your blog a secret to your friends and family?
No my close family know about it, extended family have never really asked so I've never really said anything. Some of my close friends know about my blog, I just don't really shout about it as in high school I got some 'bullying/tormenting' about my youtube channel.
What's your dream job?
My dream job is to be an A&E nurse, but I would also love to be able to do some sort of medical work with charities in third world countries when I'm a bit older.
What is an essential clothing item that everyone should have in their wardrobe?
My essential clothing item is two things, a black pair of skinny jeans (not thick jean types) and a black cami or vest top. Over that you can make ANY outfit.
What is a must have beauty item every girl (and guy) should have?
A great moisturizer, the right one can do wonders for anyone's skin with or without makeup.
What is a film that you have seen loads of times and still love it?
I love watching The Holiday especially around christmas. It's one of those films that has feel-good comedy but also that little splash of romance but it's also got British actors which I love.
Through your blog, what would you like to achieve in the future?
To meet new people and make friends all over the world.
The blogs I'm nominating
- And anyone that would like to try this out, make sure to leave me a comment linking your post if you do!
Honourable mentions of course go to Isobel, Becky and HoneyBeige and Marzi.
- What's the best book you've read recently?
- What are your top 5 beauty products?
- What is your favourite fashion trend at the moment?
- Through your blog, what would you like to achieve in the future?
- If you could live in any other decade besides this one, what would it be?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If you had £150 to spend on ANY brand, what would it be and why?
- What's your top TV programme that you could spend all day watching without getting bored?
- What is your ideal day off?
- Where would your ideal holiday be and why?
- What's your best memory?
Last thing I want to say before I let you go is.........Thank you! Thank you to everyone one of you guys who have took the time to read or comment or follow my blog, it means so much to me!