Friday 2 March 2012

Nail Of The Day- French Manicure

So I though I'd take a crack at doing my own French manicure instead of spending money on getting acrylics or gels done. If Karen is reading this she might be slightly proud of this as we had a conversation about this! :)


This is what they look like, I used my OPI start to finish base and top coat then for the nude/ natural colour I use my 17 nail polish in forever. I've used this on its own a couple of times and I've found you have to use about 3 coats to get opaque and you can still see little bits of the tips underneath! For the white tip I used a polish I actually got in a prize from Karen, it's the Rimmel nail tip whitener with minerals. This polish has a slanted brush which I found made it easier to use and easier to get into the very corners on my tips.
Now I am not the best person in the world when it comes to painting my right hand, hence why I never try any nail designs. I will say bough that it took several goes at my right hand before I was left with something I'd be happy with for my first shot. It did take me close to an hour to complete this as my right hand was a big annoyance, but I'm going to keep practicing an hopefully get better! I do want to try doing different coloured French manicures.


What are you great tips for doing French tips when you do your nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment