Thursday 5 April 2012

Fitness Update #1

So a few weeks ago I wrote a post about fitness, healthy eating and training to run a 10k. So now I'm gonna write my first update, at first I was gonna do weekly updates but it takes a few weeks for my body to get used to a certain type of exercise well the more physical side of exercise cause I mainly am and always have been a dancer therefore I am rubbish at running (good for someone running a 10k in like a month and a half!)


So far I've been running mostly every other evening, I say mostly cause I personally prefer to run at about 5pm and as I sometimes work evenings this makes it harder but I still to make sure I run even if I don't feel like it. I still do bits of exercise on my 'off days' but not as often as I would like but starting Monday I will be strictly enforcing this!
I used to be a big soda drinker, diet coke was my weakness, partly because in my old job we sold it and also I was paid in cash and got tips so I was left with loads of change which didn't help but now I work in Liverpool I found myself drinking less. I drink probably average it to be 1 can every 2 weeks if that but the only soda I'll drink is 7up free which is a little bit better cause it doesn't have preservatives and things in it. I have found myself not craving crisps and chocolate but actually starting to crave fruit and salads, which is brand new to me cause I used to be more of a fruit person than a veg person. If I do feel like something salty I will eat a handful of sea salted pretzels which I can eat the same as a bag of crisps for like half the calories etc and I generally only eat maybe half a portion because I find them very filling.


I did start this at 65kg and currently weight 60kg so I have lost some lbs so I'm going to start focusing on toning now from monday so that I can start to see a change in inches cause they always say measure by inches not lbs cause muscle weights more than fat. I have had to get my body used to eating regular meals as I didn't use to I used to eat maybe 2 meals a day cause of scheduling so I'm making that one of my proirties with the toning.


I will not be posting before pictures just yet cause I'm really not comfortable with them myself! So been patience when I'm a bit more happy with my body I might do it for you guys.


My running training is getting there but I've had to sit it out this week because I had a muscular complaint with my Achilles heel first then I started to get pain in my left calf and couldn't walk up stairs without it hurting, the pain has since disappeared so from Sunday I will be starting up my running. I'm not sure if the problems in the bottom of my leg were just a fluke accident or to do with my knee condition but don't worry I run with my knees properly strapped up as to not risk anything! I am though going to up my training and start running everyday as much as I can. I am also going to be starting a gym I'm just looking at prices etc atm. I'm kind of swaying towards total fitness atm, partly cause my mum gets a discount but I might check out the gym I get discount on with work cause I get perks like with my job I also get BUPA discount if I wanted to join them. I found out the other day my 10k race will be timed with a chip in the back of my race number, so I might just post my finished race time, it might be a very embarrassing but oh well! :)


What's your usual workout at the gym? Have you ever tried total fitness?

No comments:

Post a Comment