Tuesday 24 April 2012

My Top 3 Skincare Favourites

I think this is the first skincare post I've done on my blog, I did do a skincare routine video on my channel but it is from ages ago and my routine has changed. Today however I'm not gonna talk about my routine, I'm going to talk about my favourites out of all the skincare products I've used. 

So it's probably should tell you about my skin now right?! My skin is overall very dry with it every-so slightly oily on my chin and around the sides of my nose. I am still a teenage so I still get the annoying spots like every teenager but I mainly get them on my chin which is pretty manageable! Now I will say some of these aren't perfect, for instance I'm still hunting for the perfect moisturiser to get right of my dry patches, but this is what works for the minute.
Now this is my favourite facial scrub that I use as kinda like a face wash and facial scrub. This is the St.Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub, this is the invigorating one but I do believe they do them in all different types of same scrub but just ones for like more sensitive skin etc. This one does actually say that it is suitable for all skin types but I will mention that it is quite harsh, so if you find you have more sensitive skin then I'd try another one. The exfoliants in this scrub aren't like the little beads they are actually mini bits of walnut shell. St.Ives actually reccomend that you use it for 3 to 4 times a week but I do use it every other day and use my LUSH fresh pharmacy on the other days. I only got this a couple of weeks ago but it's already become a staple for me as it's helping to improve my overall skin tone. These facial scrubs have been very popular and you can get them from Superdrug, Boots, Tesco, Asda, even Home & Bargains (where I got mine), basically anywhere that sells skincare products. I definitely think it's worth a try at less once in your life!
You may or may not know but I don't use make-up remover wipes to take off my make-up, mainly cause I heard it was bad for your skin to use them on a regular basis. Granted I still do use them occasionally when I'm too lazy to take of my make-up properly and I just wanna get into bed and go to sleep. But most nights when I came be bothered to do it properly I use this, Garnier Soft Essentials Complete Cleansing Milk with rose extract. This is the one for dry and sensitive skin and they have different extracts for different skin types as well. Now this is sensitive for you to use on your face and your eyes and I have even in a clutzy, half-drunk moment got this in my eye and it literally does not even sting and I am not exaggerating at all! I just put this on a face cotton pad and dot some on my cheeks, forehead and chin and then I start to rub the cotton pad over my face and the make-up just comes right off. I find these less abrasive than the facial wipes and I find it actually takes WAY less time to take it off than with facial wipes!
This one I actually don't have a 'live' picture of it as it's actually a fresh face mask and I tend to get it every other month because you only get so many weeks to use it and then expires as it's made with completely natural ingredients. It's Cupcake Fresh Facemask by LUSH, now this is the one for supposed to be for younger skin and those who are new to the lush face masks. It contains cocoa powder, spearmint oil and vanilla absolute to help with spots. When I have this face mask I tend to use it 2 or 3 times a week to kinda use it up because a little really does go a long way and for £5.75 for a face mask that expires after just under 4 weeks, it is a little expensive but I find when I use it feels really moisturising and my skin feels really soft and smooth again so I definitely love it and it is one of my staples that I regularly buy and literally can't stop reccomending it to people! Just a little note: go with what you want with the fresh face masks or ask for a sample (my sample I got enough for two uses) because the one the lovely lady in my Liverpool LUSH reccomended to me I found didn't actually do that much for my skin or my spots but she gave me a sample of this at the same time and this worked wonders compared to that one (I think it was blueberry one!).

What are you top favourites for your skincare? What do you keep repurchasing?

No comments:

Post a Comment