Thursday 12 April 2012

Organize It! How I organize my jewellery

You may not know that I am a bit of an OCD freak, in the fact that I have to have everything organized and in its place and I HATE when my jewellery gets lost or I go to put on a pair of earrings to find I've lost them weeks earlier! It frustrates me being disorganized which I know isn't a bad thing sometimes, but it means I end up staying up till 1/2am doing things like ironing, laundry, tidying, organizing and cleaning!


I have been searching for must be months for a way to organise my jewellery. I've been looking for something that would keep it all nice and organised while keeping dust free and easy for me to view and pick jewellery out without having to take everything out and move things around. For this I use two different things.
The first is this which is a tackle box/organizer which I actually use to organize all of my earrings! I got this little box from home bargains ( it's a store in the UK which sells things at a discounted price, for those who don't know) I believe it only cost either £1.99 or £2.99. The make of the box is Stanley, the general/marketed uses for this was shown as like a drawer organizer for all your little bits and bobs. The box has moveable dividers in it if you wanted to hold other items in it or put bigger items in it, at most it has 32 sections in it. The top of the organizer also have strong clips that hold the lid on so if for instance you dropped it like I tend to do or accidentally knock it off wherever your storing it's not going to fall and earrings end up everywhere!
As you can see I don't really have any majorly big or dangly earrings which makes this perfect storage for me. I split my earrings up in this storage, for instance I keep all my pearl earrings together, I keep all my work earrings together, I keep small dangly earrings together, pink tones stud earrings are kept together etc. I find this the perfect storage for cheap and because it's flat you can store things on top of it or store it on top of things while keeping your earrings safe and dust-free and your less likely to loose one out of the pair!
Now this is where I store everything else. This little beauty only costs £3! Yes you read that correctly! I got this from Primark when I'd popped in there one day with my mother, I totally didn't expect to see this there in the home section. I know some primark's put it with the jewellery and some with the home, you just need to have a little hunt for it! Now these come with 16 small pockets on the top of both sides and then 8 bigger sections on the bottom of each section. Each of the pockets are wipe-clean plastic so you can also use this to put your jewellery in when travelling and just roll it up. This also comes with a hook like on hangers so you can hang it on the back of the door or hang it in your wardrobe (which I do). This is great if you don't have a whole lot of room for storage! I believe it also comes in several different colours.


Now I have been searching for one of these organisers for literally months but every one I found was priced in excess of £20 at least whereas £3 is much more cost effective and if your not that keen you haven't wasted whole lot of money. Now I will double things up like bangles or little bracelets or little necklaces (don't worry they don't get tangled!) so that I use the space more wisely. I do find if you use this kind of method or something similar you can store loads you could even use it for earrings if you want cause I know the long feather earrings fit in there and the feathers don't get smushed! (Little tip if you want to store large feather earrings put the little bit you put in your ear in first. Kind of like a weight, get it?) I personally love these types of organizers as I don't want to spend ages shifting through my jewellery and picking things up and having to untangle something for it to be tangled the next morning and having to do that EVERY morning! I'm definitely going back to get two more. One for all my work jewellery cause I'm mounting up quite a bit an one for when I'm travelling.


Now I have noticed Primark have started doing a whole lot of organizing bits for home and yourself, so I definitely be checking them out and reporting them back to you guys! Last time I had a quick look when I popped in there, they had what looked like a scarf organizer, so come pay day I will be checking that out! 


How do you guys store your jewellery? Have you thought of a new way to using something differently to the manufactures 'advertised' use?

No comments:

Post a Comment